Monday, June 27, 2016

Man Week Continues - Anthony Gilbert

My apologies to Anthony Gilbert. The craziness of this weekend and work deadlines postponed his time in the spotlight.

Anthony Gilbert lives in Cleveland, Ohio. He has been crafting since he was a child because his mother was a teacher and craftaholic.

He has been paper crafting for the past 13 years, and it all began with making holiday gift tags. "After purchasing a few stamps, stamp pads, and paper, I have accumulated enough paper crafting supplies to open my own store.

"My craft room has also grown from a corner desk to a 12’ x 24’ room. In this space, I can accommodate up to 12 crafters. I host a monthly group of crafters and also have guest instructors come to my home and teach their ideas and techniques.

"My goal had been to start my own stamping/paper crafting business and that day has finally arrived!

"I design cards, scrapbook page kits as well as complete scrapbooks. These items all include multiple techniques and feature many different stamping/paper crafting companies products." You can check out his list of favorite companies on his website, Anthony's Paper Craft.

Anthony is a zentangler.
Anthony is also a traveling teacher and demonstrator at rubber stamping conventions in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. He is also a staff member and designer for The Embellished Scrapbook Boutique in Sandusky, Ohio. He has a nice little online shop where he sells stamps he has designed.

"My stamps are not all hand-drawn. The string art stamps are drawn by me and the fireplace and mantels are drawn by Eric Dull from eMagine paper arts in Grafton Ohio.

"I am releasing a geometric line this week that are hand-drawn that are geared to the folks who like to Zentangle. Others are scheduled for release in August and September. My goal is to replace all the stamps with original hand-drawn artwork."

Zentangle is a form of artistic meditation through a very specific Method of deliberate intention that produces non-objective drawings composed of patterns (tangles) that can be viewed from all four sides. Zentangle is about process, not outcome.

—http://tanglepatterns.com/zentangles/what-is-a-zentangle 


Coming soon to Anthony's shop.

Check out Anthony online: Facebook and Anthony's Paper Craft.


Happy Crafting,

2 comments:

Kat said...

Great Post about Anthony :)

katemade designs said...

Thanks for letting me feature you Anthony.