Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Sympathy Cards are Hard

The hardest cards in the world to make, write and receive are sympathy cards. No one receives a sympathy card unless they have endured a great loss. Knowing what to say to someone who has suffered a loss is difficult at best. 

Mondo Peony by Julie Ebersole for Essentials by Ellen (Hutson)
colored with Copic Markers. Sentiment from Hero Arts.

 Last week I had planned to show you all a few cards I sent to a family of friends who lost their mother/grandmother. She was a nice lady that my son knew as Grandma Betty.

Image is from a retired Stampin' Up! set, water colored with
Stampin' Up! inks.

While I was preparing this series, my brother-in-law lost his mother. She was a very kind woman who wanted to take my whole family home to India with her. 

Images and die cuts are Henna Elements from Altenew.
Sentiments are from Hero Arts.

Before I could get too far into the series two aquaintances lost their dogs. I was beginning to think that I should abandon the idea of sharing sympathy cards at all. 

I colored this beauty with Copic Markers. I have no idea who made this image,
if you know let me know. The maker of the sentiment is also a mystery,
again if you know let me know.


Happy Crafting,

2 comments:

Aunt Polly said...

The sympathy cards I love best are the ones in which someone shared some great memory they had of Mom, or shared true empathy from having been through a similar loss themselves.

Annie Solomon said...

Lovely cards. Beautifully designed and executed.